Sunday, March 24, 2013

For years I watched the contestants on the Biggest Loser television show overcome huge odds to lose weight and get back in shape. As I gently wandered past the age of fifty and injuries took a toll on my back, and I found myself unable to perform rigorous exercise, diet is more important to me in the ever present battle against the bulge. I called myself a 'tweener'; not large enough to be a contestant on the Biggest Loser but watching my weight reach the heights of two hundred and forty pounds, definitely on the way to being at least fifty pounds more than I needed to have on my six foot frame.
I had gone from being an active hiker and marathon runner to having to depend on paid pills to get around. I have a bulging disc in my lower back, two hernias and a snapping scapula; impossible to run and tough to walk distances over two miles, unable to perform sit-ups or crunches and painful to swim. My weight fluctuated five pounds over a half-dozen years or so while I searched for a program to stop me from getting any larger. I have a gym membership and try to be as active as possible.
Within the last month one of the guys in my office and his wife went on a "reset" program and he lost fifteen pounds in three weeks. I looked into the plan - and will comment more on it in a separate post - and decided to fork out the $200.00 for the food plan and supplements. I lost 13 pounds, and now continue to do so as I am now managing my food intake based along foods from the reset plan. I am so excited about the fabulous results I have gotten from this diet plan that I am going to share with you some of the recipes from the plan and others, predominantly gleaned from Sunset Magazine, that my wife and I are enjoying as we keep ourselves fit and trim.
This is mostly a vegetarian program, however I do enjoy dessert and some chicken and lean beef on occasion. I have discovered that I have also developed gall bladder problems so many of these foods are designed to help keep those problems at bay and I will comment specifically on particular recipes if they are good for gall bladder health when I post them.
Once you have seen my foods please feel free to comment and/or share your recipes that would appear to be along the same lines. I also welcome new foods to try. My wife is loving this as I have gone from someone who rarely cooks to doing almost all the cooking, and food planning and shopping, and although she is only doing the evening meals rather than all-day meal plans has lost about eight pounds too over the last month.
Read along, try them out, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment